Year 1.

September 1st 2021, AR began her first day in Year 1. *insert crying emoticon 

We’re still doing online learning. I choose to believe that the Ministry of Education is doing this for the safety of out little ones. I choose to believe that online learning is currently right now a safe choice. I have mixed emotions honestly, part of me knows AR misses school a lot. The other part of me is worried to send her back with the rising case daily.. 20k, 21k.. I have honestly given up hope. But, to calm my Mama Nerve, I tell myself she is safe. We are safe. We will get over this. 


Today marks Day 2 of being in Year 1. So much changes, so many more new subjects, so many new teachers, new rules, new ways of learning. I love that she wakes up every morning excited to see what new things she is going to learn, I love that she is resilient, I love that at the end of the day.. She cannot wait to tell me what she learnt. (Even tho, I’m sitting right outside the door..) 

At the same time, I’m reminding myself., To let her make mistakes, to let her learn on her own, to support her in every way, celebrate with her in every win, guide and help her it not force her. It’s one thing I’ve learned is to not force this little strong willed one to sit still and pay attention. We made a study space for her in our new study room. Her books are there, the things / materials needed are all close by. She is allowed to move around the study room. And the teachers know as long as she can answer correctly and is paying attention.. All is well. 

So here’s to the beginning of a great school year! 

Till the next post.
CC


Comments

Popular Posts