Online and Overwhelmed.


In 2020, AR went to school for a while until Covid hit. Schools were closed and the little ones had to adapt to online learning. It was overwhelming for a little 4 year old girl, I observed her learning method. I could see how difficult it was for her to adapt to this new method.. There was light at the end of the tunnel when schools opened up again, but I think we celebrated that a bit too soon. 

2021. You’d think our war with the deadly virus was over. Nope. It’s September now, school has been closed since May. We were back to online classes all over again. As a mom, it was overwhelming. I was worried. Will she able to keep up? Will she learn? How am I going to do so much? I already have so much on my plate. I’m sure most of you moms can relate to this. But, I kept reminding myself not to stress and make virtual learning fun at home, and to relax and take it a day at a time. 

So what we did was 2 weeks before school started, we set up the study room to make it comfortable for AR. Of course we got AR involved with the planning, it was going to be a study area where she would have to share with Papa Hulk and me. (Yes, I’m sure most of you know by now, I’m studying again.. so back to AR) But you can never blame me for worrying still. My mind was worried I had to do extra work with AR, but Le Hulk Hubster had to keep reminding me to breathe and let go of things that I couldn’t control. 

It’s been 2 weeks of online learning, so far.. (I don’t want to jinx it) it’s been alright. You’d be surprised with how our little teeny tinies can adapt so well to new norm. Of course, once in a while AR would tell us how much she misses the outdoors. Or how much she misses her friends and teachers, but this little girl can adjust really well on her own and I realise I should not fret about online learning that much. 

I know loads of parents took to social media addressing their worries and fears as well. Should class begin physically or do the kids still continue virtual classes? Truth be told, part of me is indecisive weather or not to send AR back to school if schools were to open. If I know the school is fully vaccinated, maybe I’ll be calmer. So how do we go about this? What are your thoughts? Should school be opened or continue online classes until it’s safe enough? But when is safe enough? When will it ever be safe? 

Till the next blog.

Stay safe. 

CC. 

Comments

Popular Posts