#teachingavarosetl: Ocean Pollution.

Hello Lovelies,

2 weeks! And another 2 more weeks to go.. Day 14!!  Today was supposed to be the end of AR’s 2nd term in school. We were supposed to go on a mini getaway. But, I guess we’ll have this unforgettable #coronacation here in the comforts of #lonjmaison 😅 Contemplating if I should also do more activities with her.. Or just give her a break. 

Anyways, today’s activity is something very close to me and AR’s heart. Now that we’re all indoors, Mother Nature is healing. I had to teach AR many times about recycling, about going our part to save Mother Nature.. To save our home. I had to teach her the ugly sides of us ruining Mother Nature, us human beings polluting our own home. 

Today, we learnt about Ocean Pollution. 



Things we need: 
- A container 
- Blue Food Coloring
- Water
- Under water creatures (toys of course!) 
- All sorts of rubbish. (Plastic / straws/ paper) 
- Coffee grounds (used ones) 
- Fishing net



First we poured in the water and mixed it with the food colouring. Then we added the little sea creatures. I allowed AR to play with it for a while.. How clean it was for her to enjoy playing it. 



Then I took the coffee grounds and poured it in. Representing oil spills, or rubbish that were man made. 



We threw in the plastic straws. 



Plastic caps. Whatever rubbish you had lying around the house. 



I put my hand in and swirled it around.. Took out a few sea creatures and showed AR explaining to her our dirty and polluted these little things can do. 



Last I put in the paper as well. 



AR was so disgusted by it, she refused to put her hands in at all. I then gave her a net and told her what should we do? She immediately knew we were supposed to remove the rubbish from the ‘pretend’ ocean. 



I know, she maybe a small little girl. But I do hope teaching her about the environment can make a huge difference. 

Til tomorrow. Stay safe, stay at home. 

- CC

Comments

Popular Posts