#teachingavarosetl: Making Reading Fun!

Hi Daddies & Mommies, 

We’re back! 

AR loves books, and I love that her school encourages book reading with parents. So few weeks back, she brought this book back home. And to make reading fun I took out her insect figurines to make it fun! Why not?! 




I know we’ve done a similar activity with these little insects too. So why not, reuse them again right? (Link to previous insect activity) If you have magnifying glass, bring it out too so that your little ones could explore more!



The book was mainly about insects, I piled all of them together and I told her to look for the same insect from the book. 



I love this girl. She has more courage than me alright! I get a little grossed out touching these insects knowing that they are all fake / figurines.. But, this girl!! She’s all hands on, touching them and feeling them. Using the magnifying glass having a closer look.




Let them take their time with each insects. Let them explore and let them learn. I love how curious her little mind was, she picked the butterfly figurine up and asked.. “How does it eat?” 

Yup. 

My 2 year old, sometimes when she asks me questions I’m pretty surprised how much she learns from my answers. 



So this is one of the ways I make reading fun for AR. What are your ways? Do share them with me! 

Till the next one... 

- CC

Comments

Popular Posts