#teachingavarosetl: Sanitising the Toys

Hello Daddies & Mommies, 

On Friday AR fell sick and had to skip school. (Yes, again) My mom brains were completely fried having to juggle the new #lonjmaison (packing and throwing away stuff), AR and all the household chores... Yeay to #momlife. 

Anyways, because she skipped school.. We get to do another activity!! AR always carries along a bag of toys / figurines / cars whenever we go out to eat. Instead of using gadgets, she enjoys sitting down and playing with her toys. At the end of the day, these toys would of course be filled with loads of germs and bacteria. We drop them on the floor, other kids played with them... In general we never know where the hands have been and I’m sure it’s filled with germs. SO....... Being the “kiasu” mom that I am, I make it a habit to clean AR’s toys at least once a week. 

And here’s how I do it.

Things you need:
- Melaleuca Sol - U - Guard (disinfectant) 
- Water
- Toys
- Cloth
- Containers


I highly recommend the Sol - U - Guard. *Google it

AR likes to help me whenever I do this, and I allow her. It should be part of her learning activities, or then again an introduction to chores. In all honesty, I think this girl just likes to get her hands wet.. Hah!


So we dip the toys / figurines / cars in a water with a cap full of Sol - U - Guard, and give them a little ‘wash’. 



And then, we pick them up and dip them in another container filled with clean water. 



After cleaning them, we use a clean cloth to wipe them up and allow them to air dry completely. 



Such an easy chore, and a fun one too. Because AR gets to also play with her toys / figurines / cars. I love love love her imagination, because she would tell me that her toys are swimming and playing together in the pool. 



My little chore helper. Who knew introducing her to small things like these could be so much fun. And a learning experience too! 

I honestly don’t think it’s too soon to introduce chores to her, as long as she is having fun doing it. At the same time, we’re making sure her toys are sanitised so whenever she plays with it, whatever germs that are on it are all gone.

So get your LO to help you whenever you are cleaning their toys, who knows they may just do it on their own in future! And we get to sit back, relax and enjoy our me time while they clean up. Hehe. 

Till then, Have fun!

- CC

Comments

Popular Posts