#teachingavarosetl: (Little World) Butterfly garden

 Hello Daddies & Mommies,

Recently a butterfly flew into our house, and AR freaked out. I'm not so sure why she freaked out, but she was sooooo terrified she started bawling her eyes out. I calmed her down and explained to her about the wonders / beauty of butterflies. But she wasn't having any of it. So I thought why not, let her learn more about them through play!

I purchased a box of small butterflies from a pop up store in Tropicana City Mall. It was about RM10++ for a box of them.


Here are some stuff I threw in together with the butterflies.
- Soil
- Water
- Gardening Tools
- Coloured Pastas (Uncooked)

AR is a little OCD. I say a little because she does not like to touch dirt. AT ALL! So when she saw the soil and the pretty butterflies on it, she refused to touch em.. *sigh*


I ignored it, I still let her play and explore with the butterflies on her own. And eventually she was playing with the soil too and made a muddy garden.


She learned about the wonders of butterflies, she started to see the beauty of the butterflies. Even though they are toys... At least she is not terrified of them anymore.


Yes, safe to say now.. Whenever she sees a butterfly in our garden, she greets them gently. Observes them from a distant but at least she no longer screams in fear upon seeing them. Hahaha.

It's not that I force her to face her fears, I want her to learn and overcome those fears. Not let her fears hold her back. To let her know that she can overcome her fear just by learning more about that particular obstacle / thing. And let her see the wonders of it. Overcoming her fears, a step at a time.

Till then. HAVE FUN!

- CC

Comments

Popular Posts