#ClareSpeaks: Asking for help when you need it.

On March 17th 2018. Our helper ran away. 

When it happened, I was overwhelmed. I had to handle my FIL who has Alzheimers, a strong willed toddler who needed my attention and I had to handle the household duties.. Suddenly, the burden felt heavy. Le Hulk Hubster had a busy month planned out. So he had no choice but to leave for work, leaving me to deal with the daily struggles. The burden on my shoulders got heavier. 

And then, it happened. I had my anxiety attack while I was home with my FIL and AR. I freaked out and started to panic. I called my aunt for help. Tears in my eyes, gasping for air. I couldn't. All of a sudden. I felt like I couldn't. My aunt came, took me and AR out for a while. I needed her so badly, it felt lighter when she took AR from my arms, it felt lighter to hear her say "You'll get through this", it felt lighter to just have her for that hour..

Here's the thing..

Dear Moms, 

When you need help, ask for it. 
When you feel as if you cannot handle any situation, ask for help. 
You are not alone. 
The struggles in life are real. 
I know. 
But when it gets overwhelming. 
ASK FOR HELP. 
You do NOT have to be a supermom! 
You do NOT have to be strong all the time!
It's alright to have that time to yourself. 
Fix the situation and you are back on your routine again after. 
Ask for help.
When you need to.
Never be ashamed to have to ask for help.


In the end. I got hold of the routine, even though I have more tasks on my shoulders now. I got a hold of myself. We survived almost a week now. But hey, we're going to keep doing what we do best. We're going to keep going on our daily duties. And when I need help again, I am going to ask for help because I am not a SUPERMOM without the help of the whole team. 

I am a SUPERMOM because I have help from my family and loved ones. Won't kill you to ask for help. So here I am extending my arms wide open to welcome you moms who need help, I will help in whatever way I can whenever you need that help. Just ask and I will try my best to help in whatever way you need. 

- CC.

Comments

Popular Posts