#teachingavarosetl: Flower Power (In Memory of my MIL)

Hello Daddies and Mommies, 

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!! Once again, forgive me for not updating as fast as I could. But we are almost done with all the activities! Almost.... 
As many of you know. Earlier this year, my MIL (mom in law) passed away after 2 years of battling colon cancer. It was a sudden thing, we never expected her to leave us so soon. We moved to a bigger #lonjmaison because of her and sadly, she never got to stay here at all with us. 
So usually, when there is a funeral. Friends and family would send us flowers. And following Punjabi traditions we are supposed to throw the flowers along with the ashes in the sea.. 

But I kept some, because I wanted Lil Lady boss to do something in memory of her. I wanted Lil Lady Boss to create an art piece which we can keep forever.. 


My MIL was a very vibrant lady. She was very welcoming and loving. She to me was someone full of color. So I allowed Lil Lady Boss choose really bright and colorful colors. Picked out some of the flowers she wanted to use. 


The flowers worked as a paint brush. 


And of course Lil Lady Boss and her little fingers got to work. 


Tears were streaming down my eyes watching her create her masterpiece. My MIL would have been really proud of her grand daughter. 


And this Lil Lady Boss was enjoying herself. Flower Stamping. 



 This was by far the prettiest art work Lil Lady Boss created.. And it warmed our hearts that she made such a beautiful piece for her grand mother.


Once the painting dried up, we framed it up. Just look at all the beautiful colors. So proud of Lil Lady Boss.

-CC

Comments

Popular Posts