#ClareDIY : Activity Bags

Hello Daddies & Mommies, 

So last month we went on a trip to Japan (I promise to blog about that trip sometime soon, but not now) Anyways, I was searching high and low for ways to entertain AR so when we were on the flight it would be easier for us. I wanted something to keep her seated and not restless, I wanted something to entertain her on the long flight.

I started researching. (When I say research, I turn to Pinterest for help) I found some really interesting activity bags. And thought why not try it out with AR too.. So I started out trying it, carrying the bag along whenever we went out for dinner / lunch appointments. 

And let me just say. I can sit down having lunch /dinner appointment with my friends peacefully. And not freaking out like a maniac mom. LOL. 



So here are the bags we got. They are from Daiso. I wanted the transparent so that when we were to go on flight it would be easier for the custom officers to see what was in it.

Each bag holds different activities. 


Bag 1.

- Water Paint
- Familiar Faces *Click Here* To see how to do this activity. 



She took out the faces, called them by their names. Told little toddler stories about each person. Haha. Way to entertain herself!

Bag 2.

- Threading Toys


Got this toy from Hamleys. At first she could not comprehend how to put the thread through the blocks, she soon figured out how to. And loves this a lot.


In all honesty, I let her figure it out on her own. I showed her once, she got frustrated when she tried that one time and then after.. She got the hang of it and started playing with this for the longest time.

Bag 3.

- Sticker Books
- Coloring Books


It's very very hard to find sticker books now a days. So when I found this small "Princess Sofia" Sticker book that could be kept in a small bag. I was overjoyed. LOL.


AR loves playing with stickers, she also loves to color random things. She does not need to know how to draw now. But she loves to scribble.

Bag 4.
- Magnify the Bugs


Now you know why I needed the transparent bag at the customs. Haha. This was the most interesting activity for AR. Bought the magnifying glass from Daiso and she loved being able to take a closer look at all the bugs.


When she got bored with the bugs she would use the magnifying glass to look at her own fingers, my eyes, my teeth, my mouth.. Ha ha. Either way, at least she is being entertained.


Here's a picture of her playing with the bugs again on the plane. This was one activity she kept playing again and again on the flight.

Ok now back to the last bag.

Bag 5.

- Mix and Match the animals.


These cards Le Hulk Hubster got them for AR from Amsterdam. it's really interesting.


 AR would choose an animal, and she would look for the other half of the body to fit. It's funny when she matches the animal's head with another animal's body.

So this is her first activity bag we got. I've got one more bag for her so she does not get bored. I get to change the stuff up so she gets entertained too. Don't want to bore her with the same activity over and over again.

Till the next blog post!

- CC

Comments

Popular Posts